Aftercare is very important for best stain (longer kept, darker the stain)
Before henna application
- Please always test paste on skin before use
- Apply henna 2 days before any occasion for best results
- Make sure no cream, oily substance is applied
- Henna needs heat to achieve a darker stain for best result, so keep the area as warm as possible especially for the first 24-48 hours
After henna application
- Once henna is dried, apply lemon and sugar seal/ spray, to allow the paste to sit on your skin for longer to help give the henna paste more time to stain the skin, you can add a small amount of warm lemon only (or rose water if you have sensitivities)
- Leave henna on skin for as long as possible 6/8 hours, (for brides best to keep overnight ideally
- You can use mefex or hypafix tape to cover your stain, or even henna seal is enough as the stain appears better and more richer when only sugar & lemon sealant is applied.
Once henna is removed
- DO NOT USE WATER TO REMOVE THE HENNA PASTE just scrape it, also please do not remove the henna when it crumbles
- Avoid water for next 6hrs, once the henna is removed. If water cannot be avoided please use gloves or apply a thin layer of aftercare balm or natural oil to protect your henna design.
- Once the henna is scraped off, keep moisturizing with coconut oil or olive oil to protect the stain.
- The colour will be orange at first, it will take 48 hrs for the best results. It will gradually get darker meanwhile keep moisturizing.
Final stain will depend on:
- Your skin chemistry and lifestyle, things such as medication or certain illnesses can have an effect on the stain result . Some activities such as scrubbing the skin, swimming and saunas can decrease the longevity of the stain.
- How long you kept the henna on
- How well you maintained the aftercare instructions
- Length of stain will depend on how much you avoid WATER
- Where on the body the henna is applied
- The longer it is kept on the skin the darker the colour result.
- Different skin shades can effect the outcome of the shade of henna, henna stains differently on everyone as not everyone is the same.
PLEASE AVOID THE BELOW:
Cling film/tissue, bag round your hand with henna paste on, tiger balm/vapor rubs, steam over cloves.
These are unhealthy methods, which can cause problems in the future.
Please keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water and moisturising.
Best of luck!